Learn to Play the Native Flute – Attacks, Releases and Phrasing
How to Play the Native American Flute - Attacks, Releases and Phrasing
This was a public Livestream recorded on 12-16-2020.
This Live Native American Flute lesson discussed what we talked about in the previous lesson, recapping how to Create Patterns to Practice that Help with Personal Expression, Starting the Discussion of Attacking the Note and Releasing the Note, as well as how Attacks and Releases allow for better Phrasing of Musical Lines.
- Reviewing what was discussed will help retain information from previous lessons and continue the importance of the lessons in your mind
- Talking about the Importance of Music as a Language
- Personal Expression of the Flute has two important ideas: Tone and Phrasing
- Learning Different Attacks for the Flute: The Sigh Attack and the Who Attack
- Learning Different Releases for the Flute: The Trail Off and the Cut Off